• Management of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA)
• Post-cardiac arrest care
• Major trauma - diagnosis, management and hospital destination
• Te Tiriti o Waitangi in Healthcare
• Equity & Te Tiriti
• Cultural awareness and safety
• Bowel Cancer in NZ
• Screening for bowel cancer
• Patient stories
• End of life care ...
• COVID – assessing and supporting Long covid patients/whaiora
• Asthma guidelines
• ILD – MDMs management
• Respiratory testing and resulting nursing care ...
• Sleep Health and impact for wellness
• All things positive airway pressure (home based - CPAP, APAP, Non-invasive ventilation) ...
• Pre-hospital emergency care in rural/remote
• Professional Supervision – value to health professionals.
• Living rurally and how being rural impacts on access to health care ...
• Introduction to Intersex Variations
• Advance Care Planning
• Serious Illness Conversations
• Identification, response to, and management of violence and aggression in the healthcare setting
• Supporting wellness initiatives for healthcare staff
• Understanding ...
• Suicide prevention & postvention
• The impact of trauma on the brain
• Navigating burnout, compassion fatigue, and vicarious trauma ...
• AF & its management • Heart failure • ACS • CVD in women • Valvular disease • Cardiac medications • 12 lead ECGs. Advanced ECG • STEMI/NSTEMI • Arrythmias • Cardiac devices ...
Types of heart failure • Medications shown to benefit and guideline for titration • Other therapies to help heart failure (CRT, ablation) • Patient self-monitoring • ...
• Chronic Kidney disease - what’s the latest evidence and what does this mean for patients? • Protein foods – what type and amount for people with CKD • What to say when ...
Delirium prevention • Down syndrome and dementia
What does person-centred care really mean? • What are the unmet needs? • Removing labels • Being creative with solutions
Assessing suicide risk • Violence risk assessment • Screening for mental health issues in the general setting
Youth health assessment and engagement
Dementia, depression and delirium • Communication and dementia • Person-centred care in dementia care • Life story work in dementia care
Drug Interactions in the elderly • Dementia – the different types • Falls in older people • Falls, fractures and osteoporosis
Acute lower back pain • Chronic pain management • Fibromyalgia and nociplastic pain • Cannabis and chronic pain • Sleep management in chronic pain • Self-management and ...
Respiratory failure and arterial blood gases • Airways disease, asthma, bronchiectasis & COPD • Managing the breathless patient • Oxygen therapy • Obstructive sleep apnoea
Management of acute stroke
Mental health skills: Mental health in primary care, mental health assessment, suicidality and self-harm • Decision making capacity and duty of care: Assessment of capacity, ...
• Trauma informed care and trauma screening • Supporting mental wellbeing by identifying and working with chronic stress • Integrative approaches to supporting mental and ...
Common presentations in paediatric emergency care
Parkinson’s Disease • Depression in the elderly • A voyage around older person’s health – challenges and issues