1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
About the webinar
Professor Paddy Stone
Head of the Marie Curie Palliative Care research department at UCL and honorary consultant in palliative medicine at University College London Hospitals NHS Trust
Paddy leads a team undertaking research in two broad domains; end of life care (symptom control, prognostication, communication and sedation) and the palliative care needs of “seldom heard” groups (e.g. patients with dementia, patients with liver cirrhosis, patients with COPD and the homeless). His personal research interests include the mechanisms and management of cancer-related fatigue, prognostication in advanced cancer and quality of life and symptom assessment. He is the Chief Investigator on the Prognosis in Palliative care Study II (PiPS2), and on the Methylphenidate versus placebo for fatigue in advanced cancer (MePFAC) trial, a multicenter placebo-controlled RCT, funded by NIHR HTA.
His topic will include
• The role prognostic information and communication play in reducing the prevalence of burdensome treatments at the end of life
• Prognostic algorithms, prognostic accuracy, and clinical predictions in Palliative Care
• Recommendations on prognostic communication and future research directions