1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
About the webinar
Helen qualified as a dietitian in 1998. She has worked the majority of her career in Primary care with time split between the UK and NZ. Her interests include health literacy, weight bias and providing evidence-based education on nutrition. She contracts to and writes for Diabetes NZ. Ketogenic diets are heavily promoted through social media and have some vocal proponents within academia. Some results for weight loss you will see in practice seem nothing short of a miracle.
Her topic will include
• Highlight the evidence for and against ketogenic diets and why they are not currently part of the Eating and Activity Guidelines for Adult New Zealanders
• Explain how ketogenic diets may fit into planned weight loss and other disease management programs in some individuals.
• Describe the features of a well formulated ketogenic diet
• List other considerations around achieving successful improvement in dietary quality with or without weight management as a goal.