1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
About the webinar
Renal Dietitian for Nutrition and Dietetics, Auckland District Health Board
Jennifer qualified as a dietitian in 1994 and worked at Waikato hospital (Food service) and Whanganui hospital (general dietetics) before heading to the UK and working in diabetes, renal and HIV nutrition in East London and Brighton.
Since returning to NZ in 2000 she specialized in renal nutrition at Counties Manukau DHB and more recently at Auckland DHB working with patients with chronic kidney disease, in outpatient clinics, haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis units, and more recently a renal supportive care clinic. Jennifer enjoys working with a team of dietitians, nurse specialists and nephrologists to deliver nutrition care and improving quality of life to people living with chronic kidney disease.
Her topic will include
• Chronic Kidney disease – what’s the latest evidence and what does this mean for patients?
• Protein foods – what type and amount for people with CKD
• What to say when patients ask about foods containing potassium and phosphate
• Micronutrients – a summary
• Preventing malnutrition in people with kidney disease
• Popular diets and kidney disease