1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
About the webinar
PHARMAC is dedicated to achieving medicine access equity in Aotearoa so everyone has a fair opportunity to reach their full health potential. Sandy Bhawan will talk us through the research and approaches developed by PHARMAC to reach this goal.
Dr Emily Gill will then outline her work improving medicine access equity in the Te Whānau ā Apanui Community Health Centre, a remote rural practice in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
Presenter: Sandy Bhawan
RegPharmNZ, FPS, Manager of Access Equity at PHARMAC
Sandy Bhawan will cover:
• PHARMAC’s focus on medicine access equity
• The primary drivers of medicine access equity
• Priority populations and conditions
Presenter: Emily Gill
MBChB, BMedSci, FRNZCGP, Rural General Practitioner, Researcher and Senior Lecturer in the department of General Practice and Primary Health Care, University of Auckland.
Dr Gill will cover:
• Improving medicine access equity in remote rural areas
• Case study: Te Whānau ā Apanui Community Health Centre