1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
About the webinar
Dr Michal Boyd
RN, NP, ND, FAANP, FCNA(NZ)
Nurse Practitioner and Associate Professor
Dr Michal Boyd is an Associate Professor with the School of Nursing and the Department of Geriatric Medicine at the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
Her topic includes:
We live in challenging times, especially for those that work in healthcare. The demands we face can result in exhaustion and overwhelm that can eventually lead to compassion fatigue and may end in burn-out. The first step in developing increased resilience is to recognise the signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue and burnout and to prioritise interventions.
• The difference between compassion fatigue and burn out.
• Tools to recognise personal risk factors for compassion fatigue and burn out
• Discuss ways to increase resilience to decrease the risk of compassion fatigue and burnout