1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
Jelly O’Shea, Community and Communications Manager Intersex Aotearoa
Jelly O’Shea (she/they) is the Community and Communications Manager for Intersex Aotearoa. Jelly is a queer, Pakeha and intersex person, born in Otepoti with Irish, Scottish, Dutch and English ancestry. They currently reside in Te Whanganui-a-Tara, Wellington. Jelly is a focused advocate, who works within a human-rights framework and thrives on collaborative, community-led transformation. Jelly works to bring changes and support to ensure better health and wellbeing outcomes for intersex people and whanau in Aotearoa.
This webinar will include:
- An introduction to innate variations of sex characteristics, otherwise known as intersex.
- How our healthcare model could perpetuate harmful ways of understanding and medicalising intersex variations, and how this approach can lead to a surgical interventionist protocol.
- Responding to any healthcare and wellbeing needs of an individual with an intersex variation that celebrate their natural bodily diversity.
- Developing models of care to ensure bodily autonomy and Tino Rangatiratanga to all intersex people in Aotearoa.