1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
About the webinar
Erica Fairbank and Becs Hayston
Erica Fairbank – National Education Manager – Kidney Health New Zealand. Becs – South Island Renal Educator
Erica has 17 years of renal nursing experience with a background of dialysis nursing, renal nurse educator and clinical charge nurse manager across North Shore and Auckland Hospitals and the Netherlands. She has completed her post grad in renal in Amsterdam. Erica has experience in educating renal teams and patients and in producing resources for both.
Becs works closely with regional patient support groups, GP practices and DHB renal teams throughout the country. She also directly works with Christchurch Kidney Society to support and educate the local kidney community. Becs hopes to be a part of bridging the gap of knowledge and support around kidney health for minority ethnic groups in the South Island to produce better health outcomes for these people.
The topic will include:
- Risk factors for CKD and AKI
- The common causes of renal failure,
- Understanding the recommendations for the detection and staging of CKD
- Case study CKD
- Case study AKI
- Understanding when to use a referral