Bio: Helen qualified as a dietitian in 1998. She has worked the majority of her career in primary care with time split between the UK and NZ. Her interests include health literacy, weight bias and providing evidence-based education on nutrition. She contracts to and writes for Diabetes NZ.
Her topics include:
• Talking about weight
• What should I have for dinner – first conversations about diabetes with newly diagnosed T2
• Healthy eating guidelines – what’s the evidence and how to target messages
• When a patient asks about diabetes reversal
• Working with patients who express scepticism about evidence-based nutrition
• Managing malnutrition through “food first”