1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
KATE TE POU – Nurse Practitioner, Long Term Conditions Team, Te Whatu Ora – Te Matau a Maui
Kate spent 7 years as the adult respiratory CNS for HBDHB and then went on to train as a Nurse Practitioner intern in long term conditions, including managing complex patients in the community either with acute COVID exposure or assessing and supporting Long COVID patients/whaiora. She has a passion for developing and sharing matauranga and supporting health professionals to keep up to date with best practice guidelines and strategies.
AMY O’LEARY – Occupational Therapist, Long COVID patient
Amy is a Long Covid patient who is a trained Occupational Therapist with a special interest in fatigue management for COPD, cardiac and head injury patients. She worked at Taranaki base hospital, acute wards and in the community before she became unwell and had to stop working.
No organ is spared from the impact of Long COVID, as a result, potentially 1 in 5 post exposure to SAR-CoV-2 infections will have ongoing symptoms impacting on health related quality of life.
This presentation will discuss:
• Long-term consequences of COVID-19 infections and an approach to treatment
• Common symptoms associated with long COVID
• Management principles for patients with Long COVID utilising a 3 tier care pathway for rehabilitation
• Key intervention strategies with a focus on outcome measures and care action plans
• Access to national resources & MoH guidelines