1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
DR ANNETTE BEAUTRAIS, Suicide Prevention/Postvention Coordinator, Te Whatu Ora South Canterbury
Annette has a broad background in health and mental health research which includes more than 30 years working in suicide research, prevention and education, in New Zealand and internationally. She is especially interested in suicide prevention in men, workplace suicide prevention programmes, rural suicide prevention, and suicide clusters and contagion. More generally, her interest is in scaling up best practice suicide prevention programmes. Annette worked for MPI and MOH during the Global Dairy Crisis, teaching about suicide risk and prevention to rural primary care providers. She has published research on farmer suicide in NZ, and she is on the organising committee of this year’s Australasian Rural and Remote Mental Health Conference.
Mental health issues are on the rise especially in rural areas. This webinar is a timely update on best practice suicide risk assessment and mitigation.
This webinar will discuss:
• Scope of suicide problem in NZ
• Best practice in suicide risk assessment and mitigation
• What primary care can do to manage suicide risk
• Discussion of postvention support to those impacted by a suicide death.