1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
About the webinar
Originally from the UK, Cathy has worked as a Wellington GP for over 20 years, latterly as part of the Mauri Ora team at Victoria University of Wellington. She is also a Clinical Lead at the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners. Cathy is passionate about health education and equity, and for years has written columns on health and well-being for practitioners as well as the general public. She is absolutely not an expert on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but is aware of the huge knowledge gap that exists when it comes to understanding this impacting condition, and supporting those who suffer from it. In collaboration with the amazing team at M.E. Awareness NZ, she has co-authored an article for primary care on assessing and managing ME/CFS, and has presented at conferences on this topic.
Her topic will include:
• What we know (and don’t know) about ME/CFS, including some of the myths and pseudoscience that have surrounded it over the years• A systematic approach to diagnosis
• How to support a patient with ME/CFS
• Resources for patients and whanau
• Where to go to learn more