1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
BEKITEMBA MASEKO, Asthma NZ Nurse Manager
Bekitemba has 20 years experience in hospital and residential care facilities. Holding a diploma in General Nursing and Applied Mental Health, he has educated in excess of 2,000 asthma patients in the last 3 years. With an acute understanding of what drives behavioural change and self-management when it comes to asthma, he keeps 87% of his patients out of hospital and enables them to live well with asthma
ANN WHEAT, Asthma NZ Nurse Trainer
Ann is a Registered General and Obstetric Nurse. Post-graduation Ann worked as a Practice Nurse for 25 years and is recently retired as Nurse Manager at Asthma NZ. She is a member of the Unitec Nursing Advisory Board, GSK Advisory Board, and Pharmac’s Advisory Board. Ann is a guest lecturer in the Nursing and Pharmacy programmes with over 20 years experience in asthma education.
Webinar Topics will include:
- What Asthma NZ Nurse Educators are seeing patient after patient
- The most common reasons for non-compliance to medication
- The importance of action plans, and why patients don’t follow them
- Practical advice resulting from real case scenarios