1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
DR CATHY STEPHENSON – GP, Senior clinical lecturer University of Otago
Dr Cathy Stephenson is a Wellington based GP. In her clinical role, she supports young people as part of the 502 Rangatahi Ora team in Porirua. In 2022 Dr Stephenson moved from the RNZCGP, where she was clinical lead of the training programme, to take up the role of principal health advisor for the Ministry of Social Development, where she hopes to play a role in supporting New Zealanders and their whanau to thrive and live their best lives.
DR ARRAN CULVER – Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Dr Culver has worked in the mental health and addiction sector across DHB, Ministry of Health, NGO, kaupapa Maori and primary care settings. He has a range of wider sector leadership and governance experience and has strong interests in life-course developmental, early intervention, and population level approaches to mental health and wellbeing.
This presentation will include:
- The prevalence of mental ill health for youth
- The gold standard management for youth depression and anxiety and how to differentiate between mild, moderate and severe presentations
- Barriers to providing the best management
- What we can learn from the He Ako Hiringa EPiC data
- How the prescribing data can influence our practice
- Where practitioners can find more resources and education.