1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
About the webinar
Dr Lana Ferguson
FRACP, FAChPM Palliative Medicine Physician
Dr Lana Ferguson is a palliative medicine physician in Hamilton, working across Hospice Waikato and Waikato Hospital sites. Lana has an interest in inpatient palliative medicine and complex pain management. Lana has a strong interest in promoting palliative medicine as a specialty, improving the access to high quality palliative care for all patients and advancing the options available for managing complex symptomatology. Her current research interests are in the management of complex cancer pain and refractory symptom management.
Topics will include:
Palliative sedation therapy
- Definitions, indications and process with case examples and review of
- Medications used for palliative sedation therapy will be outlined
- Brief discussion on the use of dexmedetomidine, including potential role
in palliative medicine, practical overview and review of protocols/guidelines