1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
Advance care planning is often shrouded in misconceptions. From the belief that it’s merely a time-consuming document to the notion that Maori communities are hesitant to engage, these myths can hinder the true essence and potential of advance care planning. This webinar aims to dispel these myths and provide a clear understanding of what advance care planning truly entails.
JANE GOODWIN, Senior project manager – Te Tahu Hauora Health Quality & Safety Commission, To tatou reo advance care planning programme
MAARIE HUTANA. Maori Engagement Manager – Te Tahu Hauora Health Quality & Safety Commission, To tatou reo advance care planning
SARAH MARR, GP Halswellhealth – Christchurch
KATE GRUNDY, Palliative Care Specialist – Te Whatu Ora Waitaha
By the end of the webinar you will:
- Understand the core purpose of advance care planning: fostering meaningful conversations about future healthcare wishes with whanau, friends, and healthcare professionals.
- Recognise the value of these discussions, even if they aren’t formally documented. It’s not about a clinical checklist but understanding an individual’s priorities.
- Have clarity, understanding, and actionable insights.