1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
Manu Pelayo ‐ Principal Clinical Advisor, Assisted Dying Service, Te Whatu Ora
Sarah Marr, General Practitioner, Halswellhealth, Christchurch
Frank Kueppers, Urologist, Urology Associates, Christchurch
Assisted Dying (AD) became legal in New Zealand with the passing of the End of Life Choice Act 2019. Regardless of one’s personal view, healthcare practitioners have specific obligations under the law and need to understand the legislation and know how to respond. This webinar aims to provide clarity around these obligations and will also discuss how assisted dying is operating in practice New Zealand wide and Canterbury specifically.
Topics for discussion include:
- Overview of the Act and service, including national data
Responding to requests
– clinician responsibilities
– practice or service responsibilities
- Referral pathways
- Clinician perspectives of Assisted Dying in practice