1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
DR SHARON GARDINER
BPharm(Hons), MClinPharm, PhD Antimicrobial stewardship pharmacist, Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury; co-lead New Zealand Antimicrobial Stewardship and Infection Pharmacist Expert Group (NAMSIPEG).
Sharon was a member of the expert panel for the Prime Minister’s Chief Science Advisor’s major report entitled Kotahitanga – Uniting Aotearoa against Infectious Disease and Antimicrobial Resistance (2021). She has enjoyed a varied career as a pharmacist including hospital, community and academic work. Her research interests centre on antimicrobial stewardship and optimal antimicrobial dosing strategies. Join us for an informative evening webinar to gain a better understanding of antimicrobial stewardship and how to address the pressing issue of antimicrobial resistance. Coinciding with World AMR Awareness Week (WAAW) 18-24 November, this webinar will cover global and
national initiatives combating AMR, antimicrobial use in aged residential care, the latest on the development of national antimicrobial guidelines, and where you can find comprehensive resources to assist you in your practice.
By the end of the webinar, you will:
• Understand what antimicrobial stewardship is and how it relates to antimicrobial resistance
• Know the benefits of including an indication on antimicrobial prescriptions
• Identify steps you can take in your practice that can help keep antimicrobials working
• Know where to locate further resources to share information with colleagues.