1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
About the webinar
Dr Ryan Paul
Academic Endocrinologist at Waikato District Health
Board and at the University of Waikato
Dr Ryan Paul is an Executive Member of the New Zealand Society for the Study of Diabetes (NZSSD) and recently led the development of the NZSSD guidance on the management of type 2 diabetes in New Zealand. Dr Paul is heavily involved in teaching primary care clinicians, diabetes nurse prescribers and endocrinology trainees.
His topic will include:
- The updated treatment algorithm of type 2 diabetes in New Zealand
- When and how to use SGLT2 inhibitors and GLP1 receptor agonists
- Who does and who does not meet the special authority criteria for funded SGLT2 inhibitors and GLP1 receptor agonists
- New recommendations for the screening and management of type 2 diabetes in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Achieving equity in diabetes outcomes in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Case discussion