1. Watch the recorded webinar below from start to finish.
2. To claim your hours, click on the claim a certificate button. This will send you a quick quiz about the webinar, once answered a certificate will be generated for you.
About the webinar
Registered Nurse Mental Health, Specialist Mental Health Services,
John has worked exclusively in the Mental Health field since 1999 where he started practicing in Northland, before moving to Ngawhata Hospital in Nelson. He then worked in the Te Whare Manaaki Medium Secure Unit until 2010 where he then moved to the Forensic Community Team until 2019 until shiing to Youth forensic. John is now currently a Registered Nurse Mental Health, Specialist Mental Health Services, Canterbury DHB. He also works in an on-call role for Crisis Resolution.
His topic will include:
- Definition of trauma
- Trauma and colonisation specific to Aoteroa
- Extent of trauma
- Trauma and physical health
- Trauma and mental health
- Definition of Trauma informed care
- Specific trauma based Interventions