Sexual Health Clinical Nurse Specialist - Canterbury District Health Board
Bio: Maureen is a sexual health clinical nurse specialist. She has a military background (UK armed forces) and has served in Afghanistan. She has received recognition of her work in all things sexual health.
Her topics include:
• Sexual history taking and reference resources
• Examination and testing for STIs and BBVs
• Contact tracing / partner notification for common and notifiable STIs and BBVs
• Common STIs and current treatment guidelines
• Syphilis – the great pretender. Current epidemiology, trends in congenital syphilis and case presentations
• Mycoplasma genitalium – the new STI on the block!
• Sexual health in a war zone